28.03.2024, 14:39 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
LRC
Titel: firehol woes  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.09.2006, 05:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Apr 2006
I have a very simple home network system. A M$ box(192.168.7.150) that is connected to an USB printer connected to a linux box (192.168.7.151). They are both connected to the internet via the hub to a router (192.168.7.1). I installed firehol, thinking that would be a simple way to get tinyproxy and dansguardian running on the Linux box. All I get is a DansGuardian: Error connecting to parent proxy When I follow the directions posted http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=21. I stopped dansgardian and tinyproxy and reconfigured firehol for my two box network according to instructions I found somewhere else. The only problem I am having is that although I had firehol working fine before I tried it include tinyproxy and dansguardian, that is both boxes could work on each others files (specific folders only) as to my desires. Since all my efforts at trying to get things running have not gotten me anywhere. I have tried to go back to the first setup and the M$ box cannot see any of the linux boxes files and the linux box gets a timeout error when I try to open up any folders. Without firehol running there is no prob. Now I do know that firehol is configured with ipv4 and not ipv6, but in the static hosts section of network settings I noticed the only ip6 is showing and not ip4. Would that influence anything. Firehol.conf is this:
version 5
interface any world
client all accept
interface eth0 lan src "192.168.7.0/24" dst 192.168.7.151
policy drop
server ICMP accept
server cups accept
server dns accept
server microsoft_ds accept
server ntp accept
server samba accept
server ssh accept
client all accept
interface eth0 internet src not "${UNROUTABLE_IPS} 192.168.7.0/24" dst 192.168.7.151
policy drop
protection strong
client all accept
And is there anyone who as a clue how to setup a firehol-tinyproxy-dansguardian setup on my linux box so that my network can work? All I read is how easy it is to setup, but for someone who is a total noobie to iptables and network setups etc. what little they do explain is total greek, and the examples that I have seen doesn't work, and to really make me wonder at the simplicity of it all (I have asked for help many times on many sites) not One response to my questions and pleads for aid. This is about the only question I have ever posted (and I always have questions because I like trying different and new things and breaking and repairing) that has never gotten a bite.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
LRC
Titel: RE: firehol woes  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2006, 04:29 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Apr 2006
Found most of the answer!!!! Lachen Lachen I installed firehol, tinyproxy, and dansguardian. I then downloaded install_dansguardian_gui.tar.gz from an ubuntu website (hold on I KNOW not to use ubuntu packages or scripts), and extracted the firehol.conf,tinyproxy.conf, and dansguardian.conf files, restarted firehol, tinyproxy, and dansguardian (in that order) and the internet works just like it is supposed to. Now for a new posting, how do I get samba working?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.